Registration Center (Application and some info on races)Posted by amayalexre on 2010.09.13 at 20:40
Comment with the answers to the qestions below after reading the rules to apply. I've obviously finally gotten around to creating a charecter journal and shortly will model the entry process.
1. Your Name (or somthing we can call you):
2. Your Age:
3. Your Time Zone:
4. For the simple clarifications sake male or female:
6. Any expeience?:
1. Character's Name:
2. Character's Journal Name:
3. Character's AIM (and or msn):
4. Character's Gender:
6. Picture/Link to Picture:
7. Character's Age:
8. How long has he/she been a Ardorith and how did he/she become one:
9. Alin or Human:
10. Brief history of character (include some information on what they did during the war and why there coming to the Lexre clan and whether they're Alin or Human.):
11. Whats your charecters expertise fighting wise.(ie. di kattana, short sword, staff, magic, ect.):
12. Whats your charecters focus magic wise:
13. A short (about 500 words or more) scene of your charecter doing somthing (some examples: Returning to the Ardorith compound after the war, eating in the mess hall, dealing with a Ken-shoul ect.} and a first entry to your journal. (Both can be posted in your journal)
14. Do you understand that you CAN be rejected?
In short their are two basic peoples who share the land (though the development of races within them is up for debate).
Humans: As one might be able to guess we can look to ourselves as good examples of a human. Although humans do have the ability to use magic it's not as strong as their Alinian cousins. They are somwhat more physically able to endure hardship than the Alin however, and tend to be naturally stronger. Although in the nearby city most Alin look on humans with disdain, as most humans do Alin, in the Order of Serath, especially in the Ardorith dorms, prejudices have mostly long since died. After fighting a war together most warriors, human and Alinian, have decided tolarence is best. Though many humans may have found adjusting to speaking Alinian upon coming to the Order of Serath and there are some clans on both side that hold to prejudice still.
Humans are more varied than the Alin, coming from all over the land bearing all diffrent traits. They're skills vary as widly as the people some prefering longswords, spears and brute strength, some delving as deeply into magic as they can, and others going or quick agile weapons.
Alin: The Alin tend to be tall and lean. Though most have dark hair and pale skin there are exceptions. Black or silver almond shaped eyes are the only obvious thing that marks an Alinian as such but some subtle diffrences exsitst. Alinians are naturally strong in magic and all Alinian children are taught control as part of the lessons growing up. Although most Alinians are more agile than most humans their endurance to injury and extreme tempatures is a good deal lower. Alinians often have a longer lifespan than humans, somtimes stretching thirty or fourty years longer than that of a human. Along with a longer lifespan Alinians often apear youger than they truly are and after they reach their late teens it's often dificult to guess an Alinians age.
The Alinian scociety is a matriarical and highly religious, at least in the higher classes. In the lower classes, especially among the poor and the Ardorith, power falls to those who can earn it and faith often lost or non exsistant.
In battle most Alinian choose quick light wepons and magic over more hevey weaponry.